QRA of Oil Refinery
- Client Caltex Australia
- Location Brisbane, Queensland
Key benefits for the client
- Previously, fabric failures and process systems failures were assessed independently without consideration of cumulative effects.
- Refinery had been expanded with the addition of new process units since the initial application.
- Regulatory requirements had changed since the original application
How Arriscar helped the client
- Integrated the process incidents with fabric failure loss of containment incidents by:
- - Screening PHA reports to identify process related contributors to major incidents
- - Facilitating LOPA workshops and conducting fault tree analysis to estimate event frequencies
- Developed criteria for serious risk to health and safety to address regulatory requirements
- Developed contours for fatality risk and serious risk to health and safety.
- Analysed the impact of different risk reduction options for use in SFAIRP demonstration
- Helped the client identify safety critical elements for the Safety Management System.